The full longlist is below, ordered alphabetically by publisher:
• A Musical Offering by Luis Sagasti, tr. Fionn Petch (Charco Press)
• The Appointment by Katharina Volckmer (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
• Mordew by Alex Pheby (Galley Beggar Press)
• Mr. Beethoven by Paul Griffiths (Henningham Family Press)
• Unknown Language by Huw Lemmey and Hildegard von Bingen (Ignota Books)
• Lote by Shola von Reinhold (Jacaranda Books)
• The Mermaid of Black Conch by Monique Roffey (Peepal Tree Press)
• Men and Apparitions by Lynne Tillman (Peninsula Press)
• Alindarka’s Children by Alhierd Bacharevic, tr. Jim Dingley & Petra Reid (Scotland Street Press)
• A Ghost in the Throat by Doireann Ní Ghríofa (Tramp Press)
The 2021 judging panel consists of Eley Williams, Guy Gunaratne and John Mitchinson.
The judging process is 2021 is being studied and supported by students from the MA publishing
module at the University of East Anglia.
The 2021 prize shortlist will be announced in late March 2021, and the 2021 winner will be
announced in May 2021.
A proportion of all sales from this bundle will be donated to the Republic of Consciousness Prize.
2017: Fitzcarraldo Editions for Counternarratives by John Keene
2018: Influx Press for Attrib. and Other Stories by Eley Williams
2019: CB Editions for Murmur by Will Eaves/Galley Beggar Press for Lucia by Alex Pheby
2020: Fitzcarraldo Editions for Animalia by Jean-Baptiste Del Amo, tr. Frank Wynne